Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]


Without dating myself too much (and by that I mean age, not a lonely social escape) I remember seeing the animated version of the Hobbit on TV.  They'd show it every other year and I always seemed to catch it.  Besides the boring singing parts, the story and the characters rocked.  So you know when I first saw those characters come to life with Lord of the Rings my eyeballs kinda fell out of their sockets in excitement. Those movies of course went on to become life time classics.  Then I heard they were going back a step to create the Hobbit.  Yes, the Hobbit, just like the one I originally saw on TV.  Part one was entertaining and set the stage for all the movies. And now for part two with a dash of dragon goodness.  I am excited to see all of this but I also questioned the motive to break a single book into three movies.  (Can I get a ching, ching!)  Either way we Sci-Fi/Fantasy fans come out winning since we get to enjoy every minute of it.  Wizards, Elves, Dwarfs, Dragons all running about on fun quests. Don't forget your second breakfast!