Saturday, April 25, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens


Oh man.  Long ago in a galaxy far far away...I was brought to the theaters to see a movie that pretty much changed my world forever.  I credited that movie with igniting the spark of my imagination and setting into foundation the love I have of Sci-Fi to this day.  That movie was, of course, Star Wars.  It was original.  It was well done.  It became legend.  And here we here. That magic reinvented,  ready to ignite the imagination of a new generation.  (This my friends is a wonderful time to live in.)  I've watched this trailer a few times now and I have to admit, it's given me goosebumps each time.  Does that make me a super geek?  Why yes.  Yes it does. Geek on! The movie itself may be fantastic.  Or it may not be so great.  But what matters is, that in just these few scenes, it has managed to make me imagine the possibilities of how fantastic it could be.  And that's what a good trailer should do.  Or do not.  There is no try.  (sorry, I could not resist)